Saturday, November 29, 2008
I spoke too soon this morning. This shows the rollercoaster ride that is the immediate weeks post transplant. At the moment, William's new bowel is not working at all. We have been to X-ray each day but don't know if this is due to a kink high up in the small bowel, some imflammation, rejection (although stoma biopsies have been OK) or it is just being lazy! There is a 90% chance it will be fixable and get going and 10% chance the graft has failed - stats are on our side but, of course, no-one can make any promises. If things are worse of stay the same they may take him to theatre for a laparotomy to see if there is anything obvious going on. Please pray that William's bowel gets going or that we find there is something wrong surgically that can be fixed. We need to be in the 90%, I can't believe we could go through all of this for it to fail.