I am feeling very reflective about all that we have been through. It has been a tremendous journey and our arrival here seems an eternity ago. I want to remember everything about it and will be writing copious notes to record every detail over the next few weeks and months. I'm sure some of my musings will be shared on here. In the meantime, I am thinking about home and the things I have missed the most and am most looking forward to:
1. Is, of course, being with Hope and Ellie!!
(others, in no particular order)
- having friends round
- singing along to my i-tunes playlists outloud
- wearing different clothes to the ones I have lived in for the last 3 months
- my nespresso cofee machine
- freedom, being able to go into the kitchen without waiting to be let back in again
- being able to be spontaneous and do something else other than the books and things I have with me
I really miss being able to go to Church, go shopping and generally get out and about but they will all have to be worked around Wills for the next four months as he is unable to mix socially until six months after his transplant. I will have to be inventive and think of lots of ways to entertain (healthy) visitors at home so do let me know if you are planning to be in the Croydon area any time in the next few months.