Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Christmas That's Been 5 Years Coming

One happy, healthy little boy


Relieved big sis

Playing with the new toys - Planet Protectors


Waking up together to see what Santa's bought - for the first time in 5 years


For the first time in 5 years, we've spent Christmas at home together with the family. No hospitals, no painful treatments, no drips, no anguish that this could be the last Christmas fro William. It has been wonderful. William was as excited as any 5 year old and had the energy to be able to feel and express it. We spent Christmas in Stoke-on-Trent with Mum and Dad, the first time ever they've been able to see William over Christmas. I could say more, but the pictures say it all.

Of course, my thoughts and prayers have been with our donor family, with those I know who died waiting for their gift of life this year, for friends we have lost over the last 5 years and for those who, like us in previous years, spent yesterday trying their best to enjoy the day, knowing that this could be the last their loved ones will see if their gift of life doesn't come soon. My Christmas wish is that those I know who are waiting for their transplants get that call very soon so that they can spend a Christmas full of happiness and peace next year like we have this year.

It has, once again been a while since my last blog and blogging much more regularly is on my list of New Year's resolutions I promise. I will blog over the coming days about what has been going on to distract me but, for now, I want to hold the memories of a truly special day and I hope you have memories of the same.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Lovely blog Sarah. Thanks for sharing.

Moll x x

Jac said...

happy christmas Sarah :-)